There are a lot of sewing challenges out there and I wanted to compile a list of some of the sewing challenges to participate in for 2020. The one thing I enjoy about these sewing challenges is that they are flexible and that you do not need to participate every month. You can pick and choose with ones you want to complete.
I reached out on my Instagram stories and asked my friends which sewing challenges they planned to participate in this year. While I was compiling my list and looking for more details on some of the challenges, I found this list on Paulette’s website. I’ll keep the challenges I’ve listed here, but for wayyyy more challenges, I’m going to direct you to Paulette’s blog.
Lets get started:
- Sew My Style 2020 – This is an exciting one for me! Paulette from petitefont.com is hosting it this year and guess what…..I’m going to be a featured blogger for the month of June! How exciting is that?! Sew My Style is a year round sewing challenge, offering 2 patterns per month (at a discount) for challengers to sew.
- Sew Fancy Pants 2020 – Now, from my understanding this challenge is for the month of January only. If you’ve been wanting to sew pants….this could be the challenge for you.
- Sew Twists and Ties – I believe this challenge is too, offered for the month of January only. This is where you sew a garment with some sort of twist or a tie. This sounds like a fun challenge and I do have a McCalls dress pattern that involves a twist detail! I might try to find the time to participate in this challenge!
- Make 9 Challenge – In this challenge, you pick 9 projects – could be anything from sewing, crochet, to knitting or any kind of craft. You set out 9 projects to complete that year. I didn’t do so well last year, but I will most likely try it again this year. They even have a worksheet on the website. This is a fun and individual challenge to work at your own pace.
- Makers Curate 2020 – I’m not too familiar with this sewing challenge, I tried to look up the hashtag or to see if there is a website. I believe this sewing activity (I read that it is not a challenge) I think you document your handmade wardrobe for a certain amount of time!? Please do let me know in the comments if you have more details about this activity.
- Sew 20 in 20 – In this sewing challenge, you pick 20 meters or 20 yards worth of fabric that you wish to sew in 2020 – a great challenge to reduce that fabric stash!
- Sew Your Books – This sound like a fun one, if you have sewing books with patterns. This challenge is for the month of January encouraging sewists to sew garments/projects from their sewing books. I don’t own any books with patterns, but if you…this is a neat sewing challenge!
- Sewing Bingo 2020 – This is a fun one that I plan on doing this year. Similar concept to the Make 9 Challenge, except that instead of picking certain projects (fabrics and patterns) this one has 9 categories in which you could complete your projects. Maybe one project could potentially fit into 2 categories?! This one is right up my alley!
- The Great Module Sewing Challenge – Hosted by Whitney and Carla are hosting a 6 week sewing challenge where you sew a module. Sewing 3 tops, 2 bottoms and 1 topper in 6 weeks. Each week they will provide YouTube videos on their channel to motivate and inspire you.
These are the challenges I’ve found this far, Paulette has basically all of the sewing challenges listed on her blog. Definitely check it out as I’ve only covered a couple.
Which challenges do you plan on participating in for 2020?
“When you lose a precious member of your family, the love you shared does not die with them. It lives forever among the shattered pieces of your heart.” — Gillian Roberts